An Tuireann, 'the spark', was once a fever hospital. Now we are a showcase contemporary visual arts venue. Rooted on the west-coast island of Skye, in the Gaelic language, and in a diversity of cultures, we focus on contemporary expression in an international context.
We are growing as a vibrant creative hub for artists, arts development, audiences, and exciting outreach to communities. We are a unique driver for wide public access to contemporary work.
- We deliver an exhibitions and events programme of international quality.
- We support artists through international networks and working interchanges, and to develop new work.
- We create innovative outreach projects.
- We cross art forms and new media.
- We serve amazing food!
- We cross boundaries, not by presenting 'safe art', but by building bridges that lead to the unexpected.